Learn to communicate in a way that builds strong, trusting and cohesive relationships with global business partners
Public Program on March 27, 2018: Communicating Effectively across Cultures
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone who works with individuals from other cultures. Whether the individual you are communicating with is an internal or external customer, a teammate, a manager or a business partner, understanding their approach to communication and what they really value in a trusting working relationship will lead you and your organization to greater success.
March 27, 2018
From 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
At Pullman, Bangsar, KL
Normal price of RM1,500 nett
Early Bird price of RM1,200 nett (Register before 13 March 2018)
Group price of RM1,100 nett (Group rate is for 4 pax and above)
Led by: Steve L Muhs – Principal Trainer for Culture Boleh Global Training
HURRY! BOOK YOUR SEATS NOW!
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Work with those who have differing work values
- Clearly understand your own cultural values and the values of your business partners/customers’ culture
- Use a specific skill set to bridge the gaps between your own culture and the target cultures
- Clearly understand the expectations of your global business partners based on precise cultural understanding
- Identify your own biases and prevent intercultural roadblocks
- Engage in conversation and discussion successfully with your business partners
It has been proven that diverse companies are more successful and profitable. Additionally, employees who are able to communicate interculturally have proven to be invaluable to their organizations. The question then is: are you and your staff comfortable working and communicating within a culturally diverse environment? How comfortable are you to speak up during meetings or presentations with foreign business partners or customers? How can you deal with conflict or motivate individuals of other cultures? Through cross-cultural communication training, we will ensure you achieve your greatest individual and organizational success. The training will enable you to not only understand other cultures, but empower you and your team to look forward to your next opportunity to engage in cross-cultural communication.
Module 1: What is Culture?
- Understanding what culture is and how it affects us
- Getting to know our own culture
- Cultural values and how they affect your work
Module 2: The Culture Scale to Measure Your Culture and Theirs
An overview of the cultural scale
- Hierarchy vs Egalitarianism
- Management styles across cultures
- Speak up or keep quiet
- Indirect vs Direct
- How do you really feel?
- High context vs Low Context
- Collectivism vs Individualism
- How important is harmony?
- The varying views of “face”
- Relationship vs Task
- Just get the job done
- Caution vs Risk
- Can you take a chance?
- Will you offer your opinion?
- A personal evaluation-Where am I now?
Module 3: Communication Styles across Cultures
- Understanding our own communication style
- A contrast in communication styles
- Strategies to bridge the gap in communication styles
Module 4: Seeing Beyond Bias and Stereotypes
- Common blocks to cross-cultural communication & understanding
- Overcoming counterproductive stereotypes
- Moving past bias
Module 5: Working Together with Cultural Understanding
- Building the right relationship with your colleagues
- You CAN work together and communicate effectively
- Strengthened by way of diversity
This is what people are saying about attending our Cross-Cultural Communication courses
“As a result of your two-day training session, we shaved around 6 months off our intended coaching schedule, in so far as we have catapulted team understanding of great customer service from an Australian perspective. I can confidently say the local team has a common understanding of where potential challenges might lie and how best to navigate them.”
CAE Sdn Bhd
“A must do course to prepare your people for today’s global business environment.”
“I enjoyed how you challenged the audience – especially the western members of the audience – to question our perceptions of and interactions with (Asian) cultures.”
Kuliche + Soffa
“Steve is a great trainer who manages to break the language/cultural barrier of his audience right from the get go. His contents were excellent and addressed all grey areas for presenters alike.”
“Interactive session throughout the training and definitely can relate some of the presentation and conference calls tricks to real work life scenarios. Simply enjoyed it.”
International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent
“It was definitely an “aha” moment – working within a diverse culture doesn’t guarantee good interaction but this course helps clarify ways to work with colleagues of varying backgrounds. Thanks Steve!”
“Steve is a great teacher, comedian and guide to navigating cross-cultural challenges rolled into one. I recommend his course for our whole office as what he teaches can be applied to improve any relationship.”
“It is really helpful for an expat moving to KL. A must course.”
“Tutor was engaging, fun and easy to follow. He was knowledgeable about the topics and subject matter.”
“Very useful insight in not only ways of doing business in Malaysia but also all the little things you need to be aware of in daily life in Malaysia. Very Good!”
Marlborough College Malaysia
“I learnt more about living and working in Malaysia in the three hours with Steve than I have living here for four years!”
“As a teacher who has taught on the International circuit for some time, I can honestly say that Culture Boleh’s training was outstanding. It gave me a real insight into what makes Malaysia tick.”
International School of Kuala Lumpur
“Mr. Steve is an intelligent person and has more cross-cultural knowledge than anybody that I know. His examples and understanding of the varied culture gave me an insight to look at my life at ISKL and people around me. Thank you Steve!”