“Leadership is a way of thinking, a way of acting and, most importantly, a way of communicating.”― Simon Sinek
Public Program on September 27 & 28, 2017: Effective Leadership in a Malaysian Cultural Context
Who should attend?
This course is designed to assist new and existing leaders to clearly understand the Malaysian expectation of leadership based on the local value system. With that knowledge, leaders are then helped to see how they can effectively communicate with and motivate their teams to give their best.
September 27 & 28, 2017
From 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
At Le Meridien, KL Sentral
Normal price of RM2,900 nett
Early Bird price of RM2,500 nett (Register before September 10th)
Group price of RM2,300 nett (Group rate is for 3 pax and above)
Led by: Steve L Muhs – Principal Trainer for Culture Boleh Global Training
HURRY! BOOK YOUR SEATS NOW!
By Attending This Course You Will Be Able to:
- Fundamentally understand what leadership is and how it is developed
- Identify your leadership style and how it relates to your role within the organization
- Clearly understand how effective leadership can be developed and displayed within a Malaysian cultural context
- Build strong motivated relationships with others, both on your team and with leaders within your organization
- Understand the principles of persuasion and influence in order to get the best out of your Malaysian team
- Coach the individuals on your team to greater productivity and skill
- Develop SMART goals that align with your organization’s objectives
First and foremost, this course is about learning the fundamentals of effective global leadership and how they can be aligned with the Malaysian cultural value system. Second, people often think of leadership skills as something the C-suite people need to develop. However, no matter what our title is, if we have direct reports, we need to develop leadership skills. We know how to identify what bad leadership is, perhaps you have experienced it yourself. What we will accomplish in this training is to help you to know what an effective leader looks like as hey lead a Malaysian team. How they act and communicate with those they lead. How they build strong relationships with those they lead and those they network with everyday. You will not only learn how to get the most out of the team you lead, but also how you can motivate your team to GIVE you their best. You will learn how one-to-one coaching can be used to develop your teams’ strengths and potential. Lastly, you will understand how you can achieve greatness as a team and as a leader through achievable goal setting.
- Developing a clear understanding of what effective leadership looks like and how we personally measure up
- Understanding leadership within a Malaysian cultural context
- Learning how to generate better productivity through collaboration and networking skills with all colleagues
- Building strategic relationships within your team and with peers
- Generating specific techniques in order to influence others
- Coaching for greater effectiveness
- Transforming your organization’s objectives into SMART goals that are achievable
This is what people are saying about attending our Malaysian Leadership & Cross-Cultural Leadership courses
WSS Global Business Services Sdn. Bhd.
“It’s a very useful training. I was just promoted as a Team Leader last month and leadership is very new to me. I have not taken any leadership role in the workplace before (this is my first job, by the way). This course really helps me in this new role and learn what style is more effective to lead a team. Keep it up!”
“If you want to be an effective leader, be in this training.”
“Examples used are realistic and practical”
CAE Sdn Bhd
“A must do course to prepare your people for today’s global business environment.”
Kuliche + Soffa
“Steve is a great trainer who manages to break the language/cultural barrier of his audience right from the get go. His contents were excellent and addressed all grey areas.”
“Interactive session throughout the training and definitely can relate some of the examples to real work life scenarios. Simply enjoyed it.”
International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent
“It was definitely an “aha” moment – working within a diverse culture doesn’t guarantee good interaction but this course helps clarify ways to work with colleagues of varying backgrounds. Thanks Steve!”
“Tutor was engaging, fun and easy to follow. He was knowledgeable about the topics and subject matter.”
“Very useful insight in not only ways of doing business in Malaysia but also all the little things you need to be aware of in daily life in Malaysia. Very Good!”