Public Program on October 10, 2017: Successfully Living & Working in Malaysia
Who should attend?
Designed for expats and their families who have taken up a work assignment in Malaysia. Learn about the people, the language, the culture and how to work effectively with your Malaysian team. Get comfortable in your new host country by learning where to shop, where to get the best medical care and also about some wonderful places to visit and vacation while you’re in Malaysia. Make Malaysia your second home!
October 10, 2017
From 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
At Le Meridien, KL Sentral
Normal price of RM2,500 nett
Early Bird price of RM2,300 nett (Register before Oct 15th)
Group price of RM2,100 nett (Group rate is for 3 pax and above)
Led by: Steve L Muhs – Principal Trainer for Culture Boleh Global Training
HURRY! BOOK YOUR SEATS NOW!
The overall objective of the program “Successfully Living & Working in Malaysia” is to inspire the participants to develop greater cross-cultural communication skills specific to the Malaysian living & working environment. In addition to this, we will set out to provide the awareness, understanding and skills needed to work with individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds like Malaysians. Participants will see the importance of overcoming any bias or prejudice, which would create a barrier to communication between colleagues of varying backgrounds. Additionally, participants will develop symbiotic relationships with their colleagues that will create an environment of understanding, trust and respect. Finally, international employees will be helped to view Malaysia as their new home and to feel comfortable and secure within their new culture and environment.
- Understand how culture affects in our personal and business life
- Increase awareness of problems that arise in communicating with people of other cultures
- Increase awareness of participants’ own cultural values and unstated cultural assumptions
- Generate clear understanding of the 3 keys to successfully living and working in Malaysia
- Assist participants to better adapt to and be more productive during interaction and communication with Malaysian colleagues and clients
- Adjust and adapt to a new home environment and be able to engage in daily activities with a measure of ease and comfort
Course Topics Covered
- What is culture and how does it affect us?
- An introduction to Malaysian society and culture
- Things to see and do while you are in Malaysia
- An insight into Malaysian Etiquette
- Measuring Malaysian culture and behaviour
- Understanding communication styles across cultures
- Communicating within workplace and social scenarios
- Developing cultural understanding in the workplace
- Successfully overcoming Malaysian cultural challenges
- Successfully working together with cultural understanding
This is what people are saying about attending our Global Mobility training courses
Marlborough College Malaysia
“I learnt more about living and working in Malaysia in the three hours with Culture Boleh than I have living here for four years!”
“As a teacher who has taught on the International circuit for some time, I can honestly say that Culture Boleh’s training was outstanding. It gave me a real insight into what makes Malaysia tick.”
“As a result of your two-day training session, we shaved around 6 months off our intended coaching schedule, in so far as we have catapulted team understanding of great customer service from an Australian perspective. I can confidently say the local team has a common understanding of where potential challenges might lie and how best to navigate them.”
“Steve really knows his subject and his course was very enjoyable. I would highly recommend Steve to anyone moving to Malaysia and desiring optimum business results – cultural training is a must. Thanks Steve for a great experience.”
CAE Sdn Bhd
“A must do course to prepare your people for today’s global business environment.”
“I enjoyed how you challenged the audience – especially the western members of the audience – to question our perceptions of and interactions with (Asian) cultures.”
International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent
“It was definitely an “aha” moment – working within a diverse culture doesn’t guarantee good interaction but this course helps clarify ways to work with colleagues of varying backgrounds. Thanks!”
“Steve is a great teacher, comedian and guide to navigating cross-cultural challenges rolled into one. I recommend his course for our whole office as what he teaches can be applied to improve any relationship.”
“It is really helpful for an expat moving to KL. A must course.”
“Tutor was engaging, fun and easy to follow. He was knowledgeable about the topics and subject matter.”
“Very useful insight in not only ways of doing business in Malaysia but also all the little things you need to be aware of in daily life in Malaysia. Very Good!”